We are currently recruiting a Design Engineer based in Manchester.
• Develop the design of the sprinkler system through a process of co-ordination with client representatives and other service contracts through to a final scheme.
• Co-ordinate the design programme by monitoring same against the construction programme and specification requirements.
• Issue all completion documents and certification.
• Obtain all necessary information from all relevant parties for the preparation of fully designed working drawings including site, architects, consultants, builders and other trades.
• Attend site meetings independently, when necessary, where design matters are on the agenda.
• Preparation of complete working drawings in accordance with the appropriate design codes including establishing pipe sizes by hydraulic calculations.
• From design drawings, list off materials for various purposes including material procurement, estimating of variations, schedule of rates etc.
• Forward drawings / quantities of materials listed to suppliers / subcontractors for procurement purposes. Also, order materials and monitor and maintain levels of equipment.
• Other activities as instructed by the Project manager / Design Manager.
• Familiarise & comply with all company policies & procedures.
Skills & Experience
• Demonstrate a can do attitude.
• To have strong communication skills in all disciplines including written, oral and email.
• Full driving license
• Set an example to all operatives through attitude, appearance, and endeavour.
• To be flexible in terms of travel and working hours as there will be occasional nights away from home
• Experienced and confident communicator able to build strong working relationships
Salary 30,000 – 53,000 plus car or car allowance
Apply online or contact Dan Austin on 01925 377 878 or email [email protected] for more information.